The Royal Commission into misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry uncovered disgraceful behaviour from some of the biggest names in these industries.
The findings of the Commission created fallout from scorned clients, and sparked conversations across the industries about moving forward. The MetLife Adviser-Client Relationship Report (2018) looked into how the Commission reports have affected consumer perceptions of the industries and their advisors.
MetLife Australia head of retail sales Matt Lippiatt said, “the Royal Commission has put the spotlight on the need for quality advice and its enduring appeal.”
According to the MetLife Report, consumers and SMEs want to establish a genuine relationship with a financial adviser they can trust. They are looking for an adviser who goes the extra mile to listen to them, understand their needs and communicate regularly and clearly. With the right insurance advisor, you can be sure that these needs are met. Having an insurance advisor in your corner also has a number of additional benefits:
- Get the Right Advice: As a trained specialist in insurance practices, your broker will give accurate advice and provide the most appropriate insurance solutions to meet the individual needs of your business.
- Reduce Business Risk: Your insurance advisor won’t just select the most appropriate insurance policy for you, they’ll also help with overall risk management in your business.
- Keep Policies Up to Date: Your broker will keep up to date with any legislation changes that may result in necessary policy changes.
- Claims Help: In the event that you find yourself having to make an insurance claim, your advisor will deal with the insurer on your behalf to work to an outcome that you’re satisfied with.
- A Trusted Business Partner: Your insurance advisor wants what is best for your business and will work together with you to achieve this and ensure the continued success of your company.
If you have any queries about your existing insurance or any risk management strategies, get in touch with your insurance advisor today.
Conditions apply for each policy and the information expected from you for a policy to trigger. Coverage may differ based on specific clauses in individual policies. Please ask your broker to explain the additional benefits and exclusions pertaining to your policy.
The information provided is general advice only and does not take account of your personal circumstances or needs. Please refer to our financial services guide which contains details of our services and how we are remunerated.